How did I let my sunroom studio get in such a mess?! I have been busy all day off and on on this small piece of territory. It’s only 8’x12′ for goodness sake! But my, what a mess! I have way too much stuff for the space. But I do use it…most of it. I have enough fibre for a while. I’ve been thinking of going through and culling some of it. There are some naturally dyed fibres that are not quite as lightfast as I’d like. They will go.
Speaking of lightfastness…in the past I’ve used Majic Carpet dyes for all my dye jobs. Some set with vinegar and some with citric acid. I’ve determined I prefer citric acid. It seems to hold the colours better over the years.
I am also in the process of switching to ProChem dyes. I suspect this will take a few years, and I still intend to set with citric acid. Citric acid does smell though, so I restrict my dye days to days I can open my windows for a nice breeze…preferably warm. That’s about 6 months of the year here.
In the process of cleaning up I am attaching price tags to work I’ve yet to tag for sale. My cleaning slowed down considerably yesterday afternoon as a result. I cannot believe I let myself get this far behind! Good thing I’m doing it now. I’ll be ready for the CVAF Street Fair (Cathedral Village Arts Festival Street Fair) this May. It appears I haven’t tagged anything since last fall!