I’ve now taken to referring to all this sewing and quilting of Dad’s old L.L. Bean shirts to “The Shirt Project”. I finished the moose wall hangings Sunday evening. So far I am a week ahead of my overall schedule for sewing items. That is good because the quilts may take longer than I expect. I want to hand stitch those bindings to finish them.
Here are the finished “flying geese” pot holders. I found a basic flying geese quilt pattern online (just google “flying geese pot holders”) and adapted it to my materials. Each one of these has two layers of Radiantex (R) in the centre, facing outward on both sides. That makes both sides suitable to use with hot pots and pans. These are really designed as hot pads for the table as they have no hanging loop. However they will serve as both pot holders and hot pads. They are 8″ square.
And here is the table runner in various stages. It is roughly three feet long by twelve inches wide.
Next up are four 40″ square toddler quilts. I have designs drawn in my bullet journal and have cut out the pieces for two and a half of the quilts. I am waiting for coordinating fabric to arrive in the mail for one of the quilts. I had a special order for “a puppy quilt”. Dad didn’t have any puppy shirts, so I am augmenting his shirts with some puppy fabric. I don’t think I have enough shirt fabric for the final quilt to be similar block style to the others. I may end up making a form of strip quilt, or something like it. Something that will use up scraps and still look good. But first I have to do an assessment tomorrow and see if I have enough fabric left for one hundred 4.5″ squares.
Having a great week and hope to have a better weekend. Take care everyone!