I was lamenting I might have to buy cotton yardage for the binding for these L.L. Bean shirt quilts, and then thought about it and asked myself “Why?”.  Surely I or one of my friends would have something I could use!  Before going to my friends I decided I needed to check out my own stash first.

I thought it was a lost cause.  But Hubby had been up in my sewing room rearranging the packed boxes for our move so he could get at the walls to repair and prime them ready for painting.  I wandered through the room and spied a clear tote with some cotton yardage in it that I’d forgotten all about!  Out of sight, out of mind.  Sure enough, I found fabric to bind one of the quilts in the tote.

The fabric for the binding on the second quilt came from Dad’s old cotton housecoat. I hadn’t cut it up for blocks because it seemed a bit flimsy.  As the binding is doubled over before being stitched down, I figure it will be good enough for a toddler quilt.  I finished sewing the binding on the quilts Tuesday afternoon.

Then I started designing the third quilt, which is going to a little boy.  Unfortunately I am running out of shirts!  It went through several metamorphoses until I settled on these colors.

And by yesterday afternoon we have an almost pieced top…

It doesn’t look half bad!  Thank goodness Dad liked blue shirts for dress shirts!  Hoping to work more on it today. 🙂

Have a great weekend and upcoming week everyone!

%d bloggers like this: