Wednesday evening I finished off the fourth and final quilt of The Shirt Project.  Those who recall the origins of the project know that my goal was to make about 30 items from Dad’s old L.L. Bean shirts for descendants of my father who wanted them.  To see the projects check out the slide show below this post.  Wednesday evening we packed like mad and we mailed most of the packages Thursday morning.

All told I made 29 items in 2 months.  That is record sewing for me!  I had a lot of fun doing it too.  One person hasn’t responded to texts related to his memento, so I haven’t been able to start it.  Another doesn’t want anything.  That’s fine.

Total cost of the project was just under $500CAD.  Most of that was for postage.  I had to mail fifteen parcels across Canada.  Other than that the costs were for the Moda fabric for the puppy quilt, thread, sewing machine needles, and some sewing machine pressure feet.

I made quite a dent in my supplies, but not as much as I thought I would.  I have less quilt batting and less muslin.  Also donated one sheet set to the cause for quilt backing.  It was an old set with holes near the edges from being caught in our hide-a-bed mechanism.  It was destined for the garbage anyways.

Next up is a major freezer cooking session.  I’m due at hospital for a procedure next week and am not sure how long I’ll be out of commission.  Will try to post next Friday again.  Have a great week everyone!

 

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

%d bloggers like this: