Hi everyone! I thought I’d do an update on the studio makeover. The main part of my studio is ready. However we are storing stuff in it until the basement guest room cum family room cum classroom is completed. The paint is drying as I type!
I’ve been working in my new studio, enjoying it for a couple of months now. It has been a great space to work! I have projects strewn everywhere. I could wish for improved lighting still. But the LED overhead lights are a great start. I wish I had some kind of track lighting to light up my gallery walls. I have two gallery walls at the moment, and hope to have a third before too long.
Check out my current photos. It’s a bit messy because of all the work going on here, but it functions for me. That is good!
My current projects are:
- an appliquéd moose wall hanging or cushion cover for my nephew, in memory of his grandfather. I’m not sure which will be better for him.
- Fixing a hand quilted quilt I started when I was seventeen. We won’t say how long ago that was!
- Dyeing the border colors for my South Korean roof tile end caps wall hanging,
- preparing for Workshop Week next week, and
- getting the guest room stuff out of my studio!
Hoping to get considerable movement done on these in the next couple of weeks.