Good morning all! It’s been busy here. As with most renovations there are ups and downs.
- Microwave is going to arrive five days later than planned, but that’s okay because…
- the people buying our old appliances changed their minds and cancelled…soooo…
- I have to get busy selling this old kitchen and the appliances.
- However, the new microwave is on its way.
- We were able to borrow a mini fridge from a friend to use in the basement during the renovation.
- New fridge, stove and dishwasher arrive today.
- All the main cabinet carcasses are assembled.
- Someone is coming this evening to look at the old kitchen and see if they want to buy it.
I’ve also been busy in the kitchen.
- I cut our chives and started chive vinegar to use in salad dressings.
- I used up some frozen cranberries by making cranberry juice from scratch. I’m trying to empty out the fridge and its freezer as much as possible.
- I also made herbed whole wheat baking powder biscuits and
- whole wheat dinner rolls for the basement freezer. They will be to accompany suppers during the renovation.
- I canned dill beans and froze some string beans for later.
- Plus I made salmon chowder and other main meals for the freezer to thaw and eat during the renovation.
It’s been a busy week.
In rug hooking news, “The Weave” is almost finished. Just a few loops to go!
If you have been, thanks for reading! Have a nice weekend everyone!