Well I totally forgot about posting to my blog yesterday! A lot happened the last three days.
- We sold the kitchen…well we met the people buying it and got a deposit on it. It comes out Saturday and they’re going to pick it up Monday.
- We sold the big old fridge and it is gone, but not without leaving some battle scars on the house on its way out. Hubby has to repaint the entry anyways.
- The stove has a pending sale on it
- The microwave/range hood combo has a broken handle, so we’re giving it away. It still works and I still use it. It’s just a cosmetic mess.
- I spent a lot of time canning and processing food for the freezer this weekend. Bread & Butter Pickles, Zucchini Relish, Salsa, Peach Jam, and Clementine Marmalade (really for the fridge/freezer). I also processed green beans. I still have about 2 quarts of peaches ripening in a bag, a basket of green tomatoes, and 4 pounds of beets calling my name.
- I sprained my foot standing too long?! Hence I’ve commandeered Hubby’s help with canning. I’m taking a lot of rests and doing as much sitting down as possible.
- We went on a trip to the farm markets in the Annapolis Valley for fresh produce for preserving.
- I spent down time, with my foot up, sorting through cooking magazines, recipes and kitchen notes.
Well that’s it. Not one loop pulled, but a lot of worthwhile activity here…short of spraining my foot. I hope everyone else is having a productive week!
If you have been reading, thank-you! Have a great week everyone!