Hi everyone! No rug hooking this week…I’ve been making up for lost time in my new kitchen! What have I been making?
- cooking red kidney beans from dried,
- cooking chickpeas from dried,
- cooking black beans from dried,
- baking johnnycake (aka cornbread),
- baking 2 loaves of French bread,
- baking a triple batch of whole wheat dinner rolls,
- making a triple batch of whole wheat tortillas,
- baking granola,
- baking granola bars,
- making Nanaimo bars, and
- making Raw Energy Balls.
I am attempting to provide healthy snacks for Hubby for his bicycle rides. Though, I admit, the Nanaimo bars are just because they’re his favourite. I used the recipe on the City of Nanaimo website .
My treat for you is my Raw Energy Ball recipe. There are many versions of this floating around the Internet. This is the version we use.
Raw Energy Balls
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. Ground cardamon (optional)
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- unsweetened shredded coconut
Grind almonds until finely ground to meal in a food processor. Add everything BUT the coconut. Process until just smooth enough to shape, but not runny. Squeeze into 1” diameter balls. Roll in coconut. Let sit in fridge to cool and firm up before serving.
As you can tell, it has been a busy week in the kitchen. This weekend we have company arriving. I may or may not post on Monday. Lots happening!
If you have been, thanks for reading! Have a great weekend everyone!