I finished hooking Okra on Saturday. Today will be time to press it and hem it.
Need to attach the hook and loop tape to Prairie Sunset yet, and it’s hanging strip.
I want to fix the mouth on Goldfish. It really does need to be placed a bit better and have some lips to match the poem it represents.
I am undecided after the above. I may take time out and hook some small 6″ pieces for my walls and shop inventory. Or I may hook more medium sized pieces for Join the Thread, Sauder Village, and Traditions November exhibit. I also need to think of a piece to work on for the Cathedral Village Arts Festival Street Fair the end of May.
I also need to clean up my studio today as company is coming for tea! Time to bag up the scraps from the plaid/tweed swatch/fat quarter weeks and start fresh.
Here is Okra as of this morning. It’s easily going to be ready in time for Weyburn. The Join the Threads exhibit in Weyburn allows two entries. So I am contemplating my second entry and what it might be.
Spent most of this week on the plaid and tweed swatches and getting them up on the website for sale. Also separated out the fat quarters and other larger pieces of fabric.
I did work some on the hanging system for Prairie Sunset, but it is not finished yet. Too much fun with company for Hubby’s birthday yesterday. 🙂
I filled out the Certificates of Origin for the wall hangings going to Sauder Village this summer. Trying to figure out who I send them to at the moment, and debating whether I want to hook another rug to go with them. Probably not.
I am wanting to hook more poppy wall hangings for Traditions November window display, and for general inventory back up. I’m wanting to hook slightly larger ones. We’ll see. At this point I’m only hooking what I would keep in my own home. I don’t have a lot of space to store inventory here.
Which brings up another issue Hubby and I discussed recently. It is not unusual for me to host patrons and students in my home. And in the future, it might not be that unusual to host a gallery owner or two. That being said, we do not hang my wall hangings on the walls. Instead we have everyone else’s art on the walls! Hmm…Hubby and I are thinking of ways to re-arrange the house and the walls…preferably this summer.
How did I let my sunroom studio get in such a mess?! I have been busy all day off and on on this small piece of territory. It’s only 8’x12′ for goodness sake! But my, what a mess! I have way too much stuff for the space. But I do use it…most of it. I have enough fibre for a while. I’ve been thinking of going through and culling some of it. There are some naturally dyed fibres that are not quite as lightfast as I’d like. They will go.
Speaking of lightfastness…in the past I’ve used Majic Carpet dyes for all my dye jobs. Some set with vinegar and some with citric acid. I’ve determined I prefer citric acid. It seems to hold the colours better over the years.
I am also in the process of switching to ProChem dyes. I suspect this will take a few years, and I still intend to set with citric acid. Citric acid does smell though, so I restrict my dye days to days I can open my windows for a nice breeze…preferably warm. That’s about 6 months of the year here.
In the process of cleaning up I am attaching price tags to work I’ve yet to tag for sale. My cleaning slowed down considerably yesterday afternoon as a result. I cannot believe I let myself get this far behind! Good thing I’m doing it now. I’ll be ready for the CVAF Street Fair (Cathedral Village Arts Festival Street Fair) this May. It appears I haven’t tagged anything since last fall!
Yesterday was successful in that I finished hooking one Prairie Sky wall hanging and almost finished a second one. If the rain breaks for a bit today I will make my way to the local shop selling my hooking with new inventory.